The ICMA Annual Conference is the premier local government event that showcases an abundance of educational, information-sharing, and networking tools to help you manage your community in today’s complex environment.
Online Registration Opens June 6th
Registration Deadlines and Rates
Registration postmarked/faxed by July 12:
Registration postmarked/faxed by August 23:
Registration postmarked/faxed after August 23:
Special Registration and Discounts
ICMA members in the conference region (Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, and Vermont) who are attending their first ICMA conference are eligible for a $200.00 discount off the registration fee. Please enter the discount taken and a brief explanation in the “Special Discount Taken” line in the payment section of the registration form.
ICMA members in eastern Canadian provinces (New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador, Nova Scotia, Ontario, Prince Edward Island, and Quebec) who are attending their first ICMA conference are eligible for a $200 discount off the registration fee. Please enter the discount taken and a brief explanation in the “Special Discount Taken” line in the payment section of the registration form.
ICMA members outside of North America who are attending their first ICMA Annual Conference are eligible for half-price registration. Please enter the discount taken and a brief explanation in the “Special Discount Taken” line in the payment section of the registration form.
ICMA Affiliate Members who are early-career professionals
Early-career professionals, defined as ICMA U.S. Affiliate Members who are entry-level local government staff up to and including department heads, are eligible for a $300.00 discount off the registration fee. Please enter the discount taken and a brief explanation in the “Special Discount Taken” line in the payment section of the registration form.
Members in transition
If you have been fired or forced to resign your position in local government and are now “in transition,” ICMA will provide complimentary registrations for you and your partner. ICMA will also provide you and your partner with complimentary tickets to the Sunday Welcoming Reception. Register under the “Members In Transition” category or register online, but ICMA’s membership department must have been notified of your status for you to use this option.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
All registration cancellations will be charged a $75 processing fee regardless of when received. ICMA University workshop cancellations are charged an additional $35 processing fee.
Cancellation requests must be in writing! Conference registration cancellations and/or cancellations of social event, sports, luncheons, or field demo tickets will be accepted through Monday, September 17. No cancellations will be accepted after Monday, September 17.
There is no processing fee for ticket refunds. This policy is intended to assist those attendees who are forced to cancel at the last minute because of unanticipated job demands. Refunds will be processed no later than 15 days from the conference end.
There will be no ticket refunds at the conference. However, for your convenience in making last-minute changes in plans, a ticket brokerage desk will be set up on site at the conference, where we will attempt to sell your tickets for cash only to other attendees. Please note that because of guarantee requirements on ticketed events, no ticket brokerage sales for an event will take place until the event is sold out.
Address all cancellations to:
ICMA Conference Cancellations
Attention: Matthew Watson
777 North Capitol Street, NE
Washington, D.C. 20002-4201
FAX 202- 962-3678
- The Welcoming Reception on Sunday, September 23, is included in the registration fee for all paid registrants. Unless otherwise indicated, individuals receiving complimentary registrations, including honorary members, student members, nonmember speakers, Senior Advisors, special guests and their partners, press, and children age 6 and older, must purchase a ticket if they are interested in attending the Welcoming Reception.
- All mail-in registrations received after September 5, will be treated as on-site registrations.
- To avoid duplicate billings and registrations, if you fax your registration form, please do not also mail your form.
- You will receive written confirmation within 15 business days of receipt of your registration form.
- No registrations or cancellations will be accepted over the telephone.
- No registration cancellations will be accepted after September 17.
- No ticket cancellations for social events, sports events, luncheons, or field demos will be accepted after September 17.
If you have questions about conference registration, hotel reservations, or travel arrangements to Baltimore, please call ICMA Member and Customer Service at (202) 962-3680 or e-mail your question to email@example.com.